Dates set for 2017 - June 23-25 2017 - SOLD OUT
So - What is Placer Pete's Gold Camp?
Perhaps the most fun you will ever have in a weekend, that's all. Relive the 1870's Southern California Gold Rush on the San Gabriel River. Discover the rich history of the historic East Fork! Come on out and enjoy this family (or young at heart) focused gold prospecting experieice. You will camp right along the river for 2 nights with your fellow prospectors. Camp at historic Camp Williams; the last privately owned campsite along the East Fork and home to Placer Pete's Gold Camp. For the price of admission you will get:
- 2 nights camping on the San Gabriel River (Friday and Saturday Night)
- Camping in a Private Campground (with showers and flush toilets) - we buy out the campsite for the weekend
- Group gold panning lessons conducted by local Prospecting Club members, learn to do it right the first time!
- Your very own gold pan, sucker tweezers, and vial to keep all the gold you find. There will be some who will find real gold*
- A rip roaring campfire Saturday night complete with ghost stories!
- Gunfights & hilarious skits throughout the day.
- Help elect the Mayor of Eldoradoville.
- A history talk about the historic San Gabriel Valley and the East Fork Gold Rush!
- The greatest miners meal ever (Saturday Dinner), including BBQ chicken, ribs, salad, mac and cheese, baked beans, corn, corn bread, cake, lemonade or a miners brew**.
- An official Placer Pete's Gold Camp Patch.
- All the river fun you can have!
- Characters in Period Costumes reliving the great Gold Rush of Southern California - Ever hear of the names Williams, Baldwin, Holcolmb, Portwood, Earp - well they played a part in these parts too.
- Photo Opportunities with Placer Pete and the Characters of Eldoradoville!
- You can even elect to participate in an opportunity drawing to win a real gold nugget (worth about $70-$100)
*We can't guarantee that everyone will find gold - but we will guarantee that some lucky campers will find gold at this camp.
**meals subject to change, miners brew may change from year to year.
Pete’s camp out usually happens in late June and usually sells out by February- March of each year. If you are interested send an email and we will place you on the interest list for the next camp.
Click here for email address - Placer Petes Gold Experience
email - email@example.com
2017 cost per camper 5 years and older $53.50
Need a flier for your group? Click Here